Office Lens for iPhone and Android Phones
Use it to take pictures of receipts, business cards, menus, whiteboards or sticky notes—then let Office Lens crop, enhance and save to OneNote. Just like that—all the scanned images you capture from Office Lens are accessible on all your devices.
Office Lens for iPhone is available for free at the Apple App Store. Here’s a quick look at some of the more significant features and capabilities that Office Lens for iPhone supports:
- Recognizes the corners of a document and automatically crops, enhances and cleans up the image.
Before-and-after look at pictures of a receipt and a paper document captured and processed by Office Lens for iPhone.
- Identifies printed text with optical character recognition (OCR) so that you can search by key word for the image in OneNote or OneDrive.
- Converts images of paper documents and whiteboard notes into Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and PDF files for easy editing and reformatting (see more details here).
- Captures business cards and generates contacts you can add to your phone.
- Inserts images to OneNote or OneDrive (as DOCX, PPTX, JPG or PDF format) and gives you options to save, export and share the image.
Before-and-after look at a picture of a whiteboard, captured and processed by Office Lens for iPhone, as well as the options you have to save, export or share with others.
Additionally, a preview of Office Lens for Android phones is available today, with features similar to Office Lens for iPhone. To get the Office Lens for Android phone, follow these three easy steps:
- Go to Office Lens Android Preview in the Google+ community.
- Click Join community in the upper right-hand corner.
- Under About this community, click the Become a Tester link and then follow instructions on the page.
Bringing Office Lens to iPhone and Android is a significant step for extending OneNote capture capabilities to more devices and endpoints. Get it for your iPhone, Android phone or Windows Phone today—start scanning documents and whiteboards from the convenience of your phone, and let us know what you think in the comments below and at app store feedback.
This artice is brought to you from Office Blogs and you can find many more really intersting info on all things Office here. http://blogs.office.com
GDPR Compliance and Solve-IT
What is GDPR? GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation. Covers… Continue reading
More sports club sponsorship from Solve-IT
Solve-IT’s sponsorship of the new playing shirts for Withycombe… Continue reading
Raise A Ticket
Follow the link to contact our Service Desk. Raise A Ticket
Latest from Twitter
Can you offer a minimum of 12 months commercial IT Support know-how? Have you experience in providing helpdesk supp… https://t.co/zTIOOgCnw5 6 hours, 43 min ago
How to find us
- Unit 2, Addlepool Business Centre, Clyst St George, Exeter, EX3 0NR
- 01392 87 57 57
- Contact us online